Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Film Auditions.




Surreal is the word that I would use to describe the auditions.  He we had several people come in to read our script.  All of them brought some interesting ideas to the table.


One of the most important things for me is that I heard the words that I have until that point only read.  I heard a lot of mistakes in my writing; where people stumbled or was confused.  I heard things that seemed very flat.  Very uninteresting.

I updated the script and heard other people read the new script.  It sounded so much better.  Still things to tweak.  Things to drop or enhance.  There is nothing like hearing and seeing it someone else interpretation of your words.

One individual read Manfred as an angry person.  And I didn't picture him that way.  I pictured him a bit more mild mannered.  More like me.  They say that when a writer writes his puts himself in Characters that he likes.  I'm sure that I did that.  But now that I hear the more angry interpretation, I think I like this better and it created a more 3-dimensional character in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment